Dr. Giridhar Anantharaman
- Vitreo Retinal surgery, Giridhar Eye Institute
- MBBS & MS from JIPMER, Pondicherry (India’s premier Medical Institute).
A specialist in Vitreo Retinal surgery with over 30 years of experience and over 30,000 happy patients. Founder of Giridhar Eye Institute in Kochi, Kerala and the author of numerous papers on Macular Diseases and other major and minor disorders related to Retina. A key opinion leader in India on Macular diseases especially Polypoidal Choroidal Vasculopathy, a relatively common disorder in the Asian subcontinent. Successfully served as office bearers in almost all Ophthalmological Societies including Past President of the Retina Society of India.
Dr Giridhar has contributed significantly towards imparting education to young Ophthalmologists by providing learning platforms the 2 year long term Retina Surgical Fellowship and a 2 month short term Medical Retina Fellowship. He has also worked tirelessly to spread awareness about Diabetes and its detrimental effects on vision by spearheading numerous educational and awareness camps across the entire state of Kerala.
Medical Director & Chief
Giridhar Eye Institute
Sep 1997 - Present23 years 9 months
Cochin Area, India
Vitreo Retinal Society-India
2011 - 20154 years
Head-Department of Ophthalmology
Medical Trust Hospital
Apr 1985 - Aug 199712 years 5 months
Cochin Area, India
MBBS & MS from JIPMER, Pondicherry (India’s premier Medical Institute).
Honors & Awards
APAO Distinguished Service Award
Asia Pacific Academy Of OphthalmologyApr 2014
APAO Distinguished Service Award was presented during the APAO congress held in conjunction with World Ophthalmology Congress & the 18th annual meeting of the Japanese Ophthalmological Society in Tokyo, Japan from 2nd to 6th April 2014.
Honours and Awards
1. Thiru Kumaraswamy Gold Medal & Certificate: University of Madras for the best Postgraduate Medical Student (1983).
2. J.M. Pahwa Award from the Vitreoretinal Society of India for the best paper at the 14th Annual Conference of the Vitreoretinal Society of India held at Khajurao, Madhya Pradesh.
3. Dr. S. Tony Fernandez Gold Medal from the Kerala Society of Ophthalmic Surgeons 2000.
4. Dr. Sankara Menon Medal and Certificate from the Kerala Society of Ophthalmic Surgeons for the best free paper presented.
5. Dr. Sundereswaran Endowment Oration Award from the Indian Medical Association, Coimbatore.
6. Knight of the Blind Honour from the Lions International for community services.
7. Certificate of Appreciation from Rotary International.
8. XOVA (eXcellence in Ophthalmic Vision Award) from ESASO (European School for Advanced Studies in Ophthalmology) for a project on Diabetic Retinopathy.
9. C.E. Oommen Oration Award – Kerala State Ophthalmic Surgeons 2013.
10. Distinguished Service Award from APAO (Asia Pacific Academy of Ophthalmology) – APAO-WOC 2014, Tokyo, Japan, April 2014..
NTP Healthcare acts as a Medical Value Facilitator & does not provide medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. The services and information offered on our website are intended solely for informational purposes and cannot replace the professional consultation or treatment by a physician.