Tummy Tuck Treatment
Tummy tuck, also known as Abdominoplasty, is a cosmetic procedure which helps in getting rid of excessive skin and fat deposits. It restores separated and weakened muscles creating much firmer, flatter and smooth abdominal profile. Desired for having flat and toned tummy is the desire of all, both men and women, at any age. Sometimes even diet and exercise cannot help in achieving desired abdomen. There are many people who have normal body weight, however develop sagging or loose skin around abdominal area.
Good Candidates for a Tummy Tuck
- People who do not smoke or have stopped smoking for at least 6 weeks prior to the procedure
- Abdominal muscles which are weakened and separated
- Women or men having sagging or excessive abdominal skin
- People who have stable weight
- People having excessive fat deposits and weak stomach muscles
- A protruding belly that is out of proportion to other body parts
Not good Candidates for a Tummy Tuck
- Massive weight fluctuation
- For women whose family is not complete and will become pregnant in the future
Causes of a Protruded, Sagging Belly
- Weight fluctuations
- Partial or Mini Abdominoplasty: Usually, mini or partial abdominoplasty is meant for people who have excess skin located right beneath the navel. While performing surgery, cosmetic surgeon does not moves belly button. The procedure lasts for one to two hours. Only the excess skin is removed and it can be combined with liposuction.
- Complete Abdominoplasty: In this procedure, abdomen is cut from hipbone to hipbone followed by contouring of muscles, tissue and skin. In complete abdominals, the belly- button is moved. Drainage tubes are inserted under the skin for a few days after surgery.
- Combination Procedures: Tummy tuck is performed as the combination of a lower body lift. It can also be performed with breast lift, breast reduction, and liposuction contouring
Advantages of Tummy Tuck Treatment:
- Tightens loose sagging skin due to obesity: Obesity can have extremely adverse effects on routine activities. However, sudden weight reduction can cause sagginess in skin. Also muscles become loose during massive weight gain. Tummy tuck surgery can help in overcoming both these side effects.
- Visually appealing: Results of abdominoplasty are outstanding for both women and men. Women having loose or saggy skin, protruding belly or excessive abdominal fat in the middle-section can benefit most from this surgery.
- Stretch marks because of pregnancy: Pregnancy related stretch marks set many women worrying. During the surgery, stretch marks between the pubic hair and belly button get eliminated.